Sunday, August 30, 2009

A New Era!!





Yesterday was an exciting day for the Grant Clan. We finally got rid of the crib that we have had for 14 years. My Mom and Dad purchased this wonderful radiant white crib, before our 1st little duckling Bailey was born. Yes...it lasted through all 4 little ducklings?????? I have had that same crib up in our home for 14 wonderful years. This crib has been through so much love and abuse. It has been pooped on, peed on, thrown up on, used as a teeter tauter, climbed on, jumped on, but most of all it has been a place of peace and security, for all the little ducklings.
While father Duck was taking down the crib and putting up the bed, I was shedding tears...Yes I am having a hard time knowing that there will be no more baby ducklings. I know that we are blessed to have the 4 duckling we have, but I have to admit I love BABIES!!! It will be hard knowing that no more baby things, will be around the house.
Finley even decided to throw away her DEDE aka (Binky) aka (pacifier). She told me that she was a big girl and will not be needing it anymore, and to just throw it in the garbage!! Last Friday she even decided to go Pee and poop in the potty, because she is a big girl. Now do you See why I'm having a hard time... My baby, or must I say... my youngest duckling is starting to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment