Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bailey On the Trek







In the Summer of 2008 Bailey and cousin Madison were able to go on the trek. They had to dress up as pioneers and hike with 'families' and wagons for many miles. They had dutch oven food and slept for only a few hours a night. Bailey thought she wouldn't be coming home. She was brand new to Young Womens and this was her first big thing in being in the youth. She loved her family and was able to hang with other families. Luckily Lee and Cassie were Ma and Pa's though Cassie did get sick and had to leave early. Through this week I worried everyday. I barely didn't get any sleep because I was so worried of her being cold at night or even getting too homesick. These pictures were taken the minute the girls got home. As you can see they looked dirty, a bit burnt, and very very happy to finally be home. In the picture of Justin he wanted to immitate the girls pushing the handcarts and thats what we got. Bailey told me that the trek really strengthened her testimony of the pioneers. She said that what she did wasn't even half of what the pioneers went through. I'm so proud of them for doing this hard thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment